Apr 1, 2008

Direct-study at AAU

So i'm teaching direct-study this semester at AAU (Acedemy of Art University.) and its been really fun so far. I just wish we have more students to learn from each others so the learning curve would go higher. That's how I learn most of the time back when I took Pixar class, so I thought I should do the same for my student. The good thing is he can ask me all the questions that he's afraid to ask in a group class..which can be very helpful and can go a lot more in depth. Its also interesting to see new generation of animators at school work so hard on their stuff, reminds me of back in the day when I went to school. A friend of mine is also teaching (a class, dont know how can you manage the time JD!) and it was good to visit his class too. Usually I dont like to interrupt a class room though but its so hard to get a hold of him during the break just to catch up with things.

No comments: